The Front Rangers Cycling Club in collaboration with the Denver Police Department – District 1 and the Sun Valley Youth Center, the Front Rangers Cycling Club hold monthly rides. Each ride is created to teach bicycle safety; provide a destination that is fun and interesting to the youth while also showing them that bicycles are a wonderful mode of transportation. Each ride starts at the Sun Valley Youth Center, an organization committed to giving Denver’s poorest neighborhood a hope for the future, and are led by the Front Rangers and the Denver Police Department.
Volunteers are needed each month in the following areas (please note that the needs vary for each month)
- Safety Rodeo: Oversee the bike safety rodeo teaching the kids key safety elements.
- Bike Mechanics: We need folks to help do bike checks on all the bikes – tires, brakes, etc.
- Check-in & Set-up: Set-up nutrition/hydration area & check-in area. Check in the youth, assign a bike, helmet and get the youth going!
- Ride Leaders: Ride and guide the youth on bikes!
- Lunch Set-Up: Help set-up and serve the lunch